On the Saturday 23rd November SCO will be hosting a concert at St. Oswald’s.
The concert will consist of two performances, Cavalleria rusticana and HMS Pinafore.
If you would like to audition for roles within the operas below are all the details on how to apply.
Audition Date: Friday 30th August (2pm – 9pm)
Audition Location: Wesley Hall, Sheffield, S10 1UD
Closing Date for applications: Sat 17th August 2013
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Santuzza, a peasant girl (soprano)
- Turiddu, a young villager recently returned from the army (tenor)
- Lucia, his mother (contralto)
- Alfio, a carter (baritone)
- Lola, his wife (mezzo-soprano)
- The Rt. Hon. Sir Joseph Porter, KCB, First Lord of the Admiralty (comic baritone)
- Captain Corcoran, Commander of H.M.S. Pinafore (lyric baritone)
- Ralph Rackstraw, Able Seaman (tenor)
- Dick Deadeye, Able Seaman (bass-baritone)
- Bill Bobstay, Boatswain’s Mate (baritone)
- Bob Becket, Carpenter’s Mate (bass)
- Josephine, The Captain’s Daughter (soprano)
- Cousin Hebe, Sir Joseph’s First Cousin (mezzo-soprano)
- Mrs. Cripps (Little Buttercup), A Portsmouth Bumboat Woman (contralto)
Upon application you will be informed of what audition piece will be required.
You will be required to commit to a number of rehearsal schedule dates. Please do not apply if you are not available for the required times.
Sheffield City Opera is a charity based organisation and our primary focus is giving singers experience with high end opera in a supportive environment. Usually we have local singers and music students from local Universities / colleges working with us. To this end we do not pay soloist for their performances.
The opera society is based in Sheffield and all rehearsals will be in Sheffield.
The opera’s will be sung in English.